XboxHacker BBS

Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 08, 2016, 03:52:29 PM

Pages: 1

Author Topic: Error Code 0003 fix?  (Read 27077 times)

dwaynos

• View Profile
Error Code 0003 fix?
« on: December 22, 2008, 04:53:48 PM »

hi, my xbox 360 has developed the 3 red lights. the error code is 0003 which apparently means there is a power problem. i have tried another power supply and i have fitted an x-clamp repair kit and i am still no better off. when i switch it on the fan stops after a second and the CPU and GPU do not get hot the red lights just flash. does anybody have any ideas. i would really appreciate it.
cheers

pretobomba

• View Profile
Re: Error Code 0003 fix?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 03:10:01 AM »

jelle2503

• Xbox Hacker
  • elitist prick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 04:54:42 AM »

i've had this errorcode, and i couldn't repair it (and i've repaired quite a few)

well it was fixed with heatgun, sold it to a little kid... 1 hour after, he rang, that the 360 Redringed lol

gave him his money back, sold it as a RROD box

btw, those errorcodes are absolutely bullocks, what would that help this person?... i bet most of those codes are wrong anyway... no-one can tell

gigabite

• Xbox Hacker
  • .: Xplode Mods :.
    • View Profile
    • Xplode Mods
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 07:28:43 AM »

most are wrong...your right (if you repaired quite a few then how did you manage to get one back in 1 hour ha ha)

0003 in my experience is a cold solder under the CPU (I actually fixed one with this error, actually it listed that error then proceeded to give me literally another 10 different codes....as in 0,0,0,3,1,2,0,1,0,3,1 etc - never ever seen that before and no the 360 wasn't tilted)

but try another PSU also...

gigabite

.ISO  - he's a wannabe ... feel part of "t3h sc33n" yet ? QQ

coming 2009

nivaldo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2009, 06:05:04 AM »

Hello everyone, I have during these times together XBOX360 with 03 red lights, we have a technical assistance here in Brazil and we have resolved 95% of the XBOX360 that has come in for maintenance, the 5% that do not resolve are those who arrive already damaged by other assistance, for these many hundreds of consoles recovered, we came to the conclusion that: Reballing only for a short time solves the problem of 3 red lights. the need is really to replace the GPU with a new component, then you can use for a good time its console, now always give 03 red lights

Arakon

• Administrator
  • Xbox Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2009, 08:39:57 AM »

The GPU itself doesn't break, the solder connections are what breaks.
I do NOT give support by email, PM, ICQ or whatever. Anyone annoying me that way will have his balls removed. With a rusty butterknife. Slowly. And I'll enjoy doing it.

.ISO

• Xbox Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2009, 01:48:06 PM »

also, I've tried to swap GPUs from other consoles before. Some worked, and alot of them did not (They are all in good conditions). So switching GPU is out of the question
Also Arakon, he said that he have recieved Xbox that was repaired by others. The GPU CAN break if it was fixed improperly. For example, improper use of heatgun. One of the board i have worked with have the GPU, CPU, and southbridge surrounded by some kind of melted brown stuff (probably flux?), the result of heating the chips improperly and for too long.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 01:49:48 PM by .ISO »
you wish gigaturd, as if you even know how to tell the difference between a disassembler and your vagina
Gigabite: A fool who think he is always right, and talk about how useless others are when he is really addressing to himself.
Gigabite agreeing with the statement:
p.s nice comment in your sig

nivaldo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2009, 08:14:17 PM »

I now have achieved new GPUs ..... new ... new ... All PC HDMI (jasper exception) has been working perfectly, quietly surpassing the 03-month warranty as consumer law in the country for as long as problems with 03 red lights or at least ended up as supplies last

l_oliveira

• Xbox Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2009, 11:23:45 PM »

Funny ... I had a console with 0003 on my workbench today. It was a 2007 Zephyr.

The reason it was giving 0003 is because someone "cooked" it's GPU with a hot air rework station to the point it shorted out one of it's power rails.

There's a bunch of big ceramic capacitors close to the GPU. The ones at the right side are for the power rail which is shared with the CPU.
This one should measure around 2 ohm to the ground.

The two ones to the left and really close to the heatsink screw hole are for the DDR memory bus (GPU memory controller and memory chips) and it should
measure something around 68 ohms to the ground.

Either be shorted and you will have 0003.  And shorted RAM power rail is quite common.

It's a Rough World

john585

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2009, 12:12:39 PM »

the previous owner made a mess of the one rrod i can't fix.  looks like he tried to dremel the x-clamp T-8 screws off- the chassis is carved up (!)  my guess is that vibration probably did the gpu and gpu in forever. no video output on this one.

i gave it a shot anyways.  i replaced his mess of screws and washers with mine after polishing off the dies- the board and chips do not appear cracked or damaged.  put it all together loose and got a fan that would shut off after 2 seconds and rrod.  i revisited it but this time tightened both heat sinks down.  fans stayed on.  left it on for an hour and let it cool but rrod persisted.

i revisited it last night by loosening the gpu sink very loose.  i moved it to break the paste seal and let gravity hold it down.  got an almost immediate overheat error (2 rrod) so i tightened it a bit more, but now back to 3rrod and now back to the short duration fan.

i think it was fried from the moment the dremel was used, if not i fried it worse.

i guess i am looking for validation (yes john, you sure fired it dummy) or any other ideas...

thx

ps at least i have a parts unit now :)

ReverseAffect

• Xbox Hacker
  • 360Reball
    • View Profile
    • 360Reball
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2009, 06:42:17 PM »

well if you don't see any traces of cracks or just go through the GPU area and test all traces and see if anything fell off.
it's a long process,I know...going off what you said about the fan not working on the CPU said (1 CPU 1 GPU fan)
but if that's all good then time for a GPU reball...somewhere along the line either a solder ball got smashed,bridged or just won't contact no more under the GPU..........
sick like a mofo..not reballing for a while...

bonzo pl

• Master Hacker
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 04:16:46 AM by bonzo pl »
Reballing 100%ok Sn63/Pb37    FF 62 6F 6E 7A 6F 2E 70 6C-FF  Poland konsole 2005-10-16 version SYLWIA 2 Cu cooler.   http://bonzo-pl.blogspot.com/
Pages: 1