XboxHacker BBS

Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 13, 2016, 07:43:11 AM

Pages: 1 2 »

Author Topic: Infectus v2 & JTAG Hack  (Read 6864 times)

DanXbix

• View Profile
Infectus v2 & JTAG Hack
« on: September 06, 2009, 12:47:32 AM »

Hi all just want to say first of AWESOME WORK to the guys that made this JTAG hack possible.

1. I have installed a infectus v2 and 3wires with resistors and flashed the nand with XBINS xenon_1921hack.bin. I have had it loaded and xell & snes emu works perfectly apart from the fans running full speed. I know this has something todo with the Config.bin. If i use build.py and build from my backupnand.bin will this stop the fans running full speed?

2. Whats the correct way to enter 1bl key in build.py? and do i need to enter cpu key? my xenon 360 has a 1921CB

3. My infectus v2 is installed and working ok (i think) but most of the time when i erase nand then write either my backupnand.bin or xenon_1921hack.bin the app states "Flash OK" but when i boot 360 either nothing happens (no lights) or 3rol. Then when i plug usb back into laptop the nand wont recognise in Infectusprogramer. I have to fix via bad flash method external 3.3volts (thinking i may leave it wired like this in future)
Any ideas?

4. My Nand backups load fine in Flashtool but won't in degraded1.1 do you think they would be ok or corrupt. I can restore nand with backup and boot most of the time.

5. If i know my CPU key and have KV.bin and Fuse count can i build a 1888 nand and flash to 360?
no reason for it just want to try

Any news on whats to come with this backdoor into our console. Will there be any apps for win32 to build jtag nand? I am currently using my server running debian linux via ssh (the funny thing is its a old xbox 1 with two 750gb ide hdds it stores all my media & website, torrents etc) but having trouble with build.py

Thanks all keep up the fantasic work.

gadget78

• Master Hacker
    • View Profile
Re: Infectus v2 & JTAG Hack
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 05:42:29 AM »

1. xbins xenon_1921.bin, is not the full 16m .bin so does not overwrite the config section (as far as im aware)
   maybe fans at full speed summit to do with linux ?or you erased the nand before writing the 1921 hack ?

2. its stated here somewere summit like 1bl is 123 the x1/x2/x3 or summit its started somewere in these threads !

3. see 1. its maybe caused because 1921 is not a 'full' modified dump, so u need ya original flashed 1st then th 1921 over written, maybe it only supports nandpro properly ?

4. try degraded 1.1b, http://modfreakz.kilu.de/XBOX360/Apps/360_Flash_Tool_Retail.rar , or hex edit the date in the header of dump to 2004-2005

5. yes you can, in degraded :)

and a Q from me !!! two 750GB drives ? thought xbox only supported 1 drive ?

hope some of this helps :) mick ...

DanXbix

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 07:19:41 AM »

Thank dude. I didn't think you could write to NAND unless it is erased first. I'll give it a try
as for the xbox 1 I needed a nas/server so I built one from a old xbox. I flashed it with Cromwell bios then
installed Linux from there the xbox can used two hdds. It runs my webserver, torrentflux, FTP, samba etc. Runs 24/7 and hasn't missed a beat. And the best thing is it's quite
thanks again for your help.
Still having trouble with infectus flashing NAND

DanXbix

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 09:56:30 AM »

Answered question 3 myself remember to powercycle after flashing NAND. Otherwise 360 remembers smc stuff. Thanks to tmbinc and hornydevil on irc last night

fnice

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 10:38:48 PM »

hey guys

I was wondering as you seem to know more then I about the Infectus

I bought one a while back but in there forums they were thinking I had a newer xbox360 by a few months so I never installed the Infectus

can this Jtag hack work on most all the xbox360 without the HDMI ?

I have a XB-01 custom case I bought & installed the 360 in - now all I need is a few parts to make a Jtag

I guess I have no use for the Infectus now? or do I?

after I do this Jtag, should I install the Infectus still or not. any info on this would be great :)

fnice

l_oliveira

• Xbox Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 11:07:21 PM »

The JTAG hack is not related to Infectus...

You can use it if you want, along with the JTAG hack. It's just that about the same time the JTAG hack released the NANDPRO tool was developed.

NANDPRO does the same thing Infectus would do for you: Give read and write access to the XBOX motherboard NAND FLASH. Infectus is faster than NANDPRO for programming but it's a bit clumsy due to poor programming on it's tools. 

In the end it's up to you what you do. I own a Infectus v2 but honestly it's been sitting on a plastic bag for a while now... At most I tried to use it to restore some Wii NANDs a while ago. It didn't go well so I ended making a hacked Wii run with two NANDs and I used it as a chip programmer.

It's a Rough World

B1N4RY

• Xbox Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 12:17:53 AM »

NANDPRO does the same thing Infectus would do for you: Give read and write access to the XBOX motherboard NAND FLASH. Infectus is faster than NANDPRO for programming but it's a bit clumsy due to poor programming on it's tools. 

Wait, have you actually tried to use Infectus with NANDPRO?

l_oliveira

• Xbox Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2009, 01:23:29 AM »

Wait, have you actually tried to use Infectus with NANDPRO?

Not at same time... What would be the point of using both ? And I prefer NANDPRO anyway...
I prefer to write a single (and slower) time than have to erase the whole flash and try again several times D:

Also NANDPRO wins because when it's acessing the flash nothing else will be trying to read it.
(Since you're using the SMC to read the flash there will be no device conflict like what happens with Infectus and the SMC while you're using Infectus....)

So ... No I didn't try to use both at the same time.

It's a Rough World

jacksback

• Master Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2009, 02:56:08 AM »

1. xbins xenon_1921.bin, is not the full 16m .bin so does not overwrite the config section (as far as im aware)
   maybe fans at full speed summit to do with linux ?or you erased the nand before writing the 1921 hack ?

Can someone confirm that all I have to do is load up the xenon.bin in Infectus and write it to my current nand without erasing first?

Thanks

DanXbix

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2009, 06:35:31 AM »

Hi mate no you always have to erase nand first otherwise nand will become corrupt and you will have to do the bad flash fix on your infectus.
The files on xbins are partial images 1.6xmb and if flashed they work but your config.bin will be missing from nand. Your fans will run full speed and extremly loud. Best to compile toolchain and build your nand with imgbuild from your backup & 1921hack.bin on xbins. That way you will have a full 16.5mb nand flash. Remember to always erase nand first then close infectus app then reopen. Flash Hackimage then powercycle (unplug power from 360 & infectus usb). Hope this helps

jacksback

• Master Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2009, 06:48:14 AM »

Thanks for the info

tmbinc

• Global Moderator
  • Master Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2009, 01:32:50 PM »

If infectus can't flash partial files (I don't know, I don't have one and don't want one), please take your backup, and overwrite the begin of it with a hackimage.

For example (using 'dd' in either windows/cygwin or linux)

Code: [Select]
cp backup.bin newimage.bin
dd if=hackimage.bin of=newimage.bin conv=notrunc

Please do NOT use a stock 16MB image, as it will not preserve your config data (but rather use the config data of the donor xbox, which might cause trouble in the future).

Normally, you don't need to rebuild the hackimage (unless you want to, of course). But please use the config block of *your* box.
Please don't copy/quote full text outside this board. Instead, summarize and link to this post. Thanks! This lets me keep information updated and doesn't pull things out of context.

duggyuk

• Master Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2009, 05:20:28 PM »

how do you copy your config into that of a full 16MB xell nand dump?. i tried patching my old dump with "small" xell image but xbox failed to boot after.  ???

from here http://www.free60.org/wiki/SMC_Hack#Build_a_full_16MB_Image_out_of_the_small_one_created_by_build-script

"Build a full 16MB Image out of the small one created by build-script!

Redline99

• Global Moderator
  • Xbox Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2009, 05:36:05 PM »

use BinCrypt2 to extract from old and inject into new
Where's Waldo

duggyuk

• Master Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2009, 04:00:19 AM »

Thanks redline99 will give it a go

duggyuk

• Master Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2009, 03:47:14 PM »

wont work with Win7 x64....bitches about comdlg32.ocx   tried to install that and it didnt work. Can you generate a static version of your app?, or perhaps a link to MS site where I can download?

cory1492

• Xbox Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2009, 03:54:01 PM »

I grabbed comdlg32.ocx from here, just put it in the same folder as the bincrypt exe and it then worked fine in win7 x64.

Redline99

• Global Moderator
  • Xbox Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2009, 04:54:06 PM »

I code in Visual Basic 6, you know the "toy language from like 1998"? I'm not even supposed to know what "static" means... lol
Where's Waldo

duggyuk

• Master Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2009, 05:18:19 PM »

I grabbed comdlg32.ocx from here, just put it in the same folder as the bincrypt exe and it then worked fine in win7 x64.

AHA, need to "run as adminstrator", then its fine  ;D

bloody uac

edit:

i can open my nand dump and extract works, but i get operation  failed opening xell patched nand dump? (want to add my config to donar nand with xell)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 05:21:59 PM by duggyuk »

Redline99

• Global Moderator
  • Xbox Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2009, 05:44:01 PM »

I dunno, I'll have to try, the app wasnt meant for xell images so I cant say for sure without looking.
Where's Waldo
Pages: 1 2 »