XboxHacker BBS

Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2016, 05:57:46 PM

Pages: 1 2 »

Author Topic: Xbox live server...Why dont try to build one ???  (Read 11733 times)

mskiller

• View Profile
Xbox live server...Why dont try to build one ???
« on: November 30, 2009, 04:11:45 PM »

I seen wow private server, i even tried one, i was some way hoping that one day a group of people will try to make a private xboxlive server, that would be great idea, anybody thought this way ?

hoping some are ;)

No_Name

• Master Hacker
    • View Profile
Re: Xbox live server...Why dont try to build one ???
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 04:44:53 PM »

WoW is a server/Client game.
The Client sits on a PC which is an open format OS.

Comparing WoW to XBox live is like comparing a piece of cheese with a duck.

You can hope on as its not going to happen.

GFXnorth

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 04:48:37 PM »

as far as i know the big problem with xbox live is the private public key encryption.
so to create xbox live server you have three options:
1. get microsoft private key
2. somehow make the kernel to use diffrent public key (i dont really know if it possible)
3. write your own kernel

i wont hold my breath for the first option to come true..
so we left with the second and third, and both need you xbox hacked and able to run unsigned code.

mskiller

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 04:56:53 PM »

or hope for a tech from crosoft to leak ityes i was sur it is not a piece of cake, but i'd see what a community of coder can do, and making private server could bypass the key problem, if only we could sniff what happen around it...

Arakon

• Administrator
  • Xbox Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 05:13:31 PM »

That has been tried since xbox 1 times. That's 7 years, with zero result. Forget about it.
And no tech would even have access to the key stuff.. and the select few who do would never risk their job (and poverty) to leak something vital.
I do NOT give support by email, PM, ICQ or whatever. Anyone annoying me that way will have his balls removed. With a rusty butterknife. Slowly. And I'll enjoy doing it.

mskiller

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2009, 06:19:14 PM »

Thanks for the info regarding that people tried since the first one, did not find any news about, and for crosoft tech i was already sure about that one, just a crazy dream...

gamesquest1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2010, 05:20:38 PM »

im pretty sure nobody would ever have access to the key, it would be known only by a server with a ton of security and never moved from it, along with that xbox 1 private key that never got found and plent of other juicy secret keys that nobody in the world has access too

fact is any games/services that get added get sent to microsoft where they get processed nobody manually enters the key would most probs be impossible....well improbable for any 1 member of staff to have access to the server long enougt to hack past the security and actually recieve the key.
probs the most likely anyone could hope for would be for somthing being signed by a rogue member of staff but still unless they sign a modified  cb/2bl which would basically make jtag possible on any console but still thats just dreaming

Arakon

• Administrator
  • Xbox Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2010, 05:56:31 PM »

After well over a year, this is already pretty clear.
I do NOT give support by email, PM, ICQ or whatever. Anyone annoying me that way will have his balls removed. With a rusty butterknife. Slowly. And I'll enjoy doing it.

mojobojo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2010, 09:03:53 PM »

Its a possibility, yet very unlikely due to the complexity. It would require modification to allow unencrypted packets so it would be JTAG only. You can grab the packets you receive and decrypt them with the public key. Research them then create a server that sends and receives packets the same way, just all unencrypted.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 09:16:45 PM by mojobojo »

yifanlu

• Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2010, 11:03:08 AM »

Its a possibility, yet very unlikely due to the complexity. It would require modification to allow unencrypted packets so it would be JTAG only. You can grab the packets you receive and decrypt them with the public key. Research them then create a server that sends and receives packets the same way, just all unencrypted.

Or replace the public key with your own key?

Also, we know (or can find) the public key, right? Can't we just use something like wireshark to capture the traffic to the 360. Use the public key on the computer to decrypt it. Create a simple server to replay the packets encrypted with your own key. (Hard one) Change 360's kernel to use your key. ????? Profit!

I guess it would be hard to emulate multiplayer for games, but it shouldn't be that hard to emulate the marketplace? The only thing I miss from my JTAG is downloading demos and content from the live marketplace. If there can be a proxy-like live server that takes Live data decrypt it (maybe then reencrypt it with your key), and send it to the 360, we can have stuff like rock band song packs. Just a thought.

No_Name

• Master Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2010, 02:16:36 PM »

For crying out loud.

As it was said this topic was talked about from the first days of Xbox live and its never resulted in anything.

People have sniffed the packets and nothing came of that.

If you want start the same research all over and then come back with some solid ideas.

Freelance99

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2010, 03:27:34 PM »

hax bro hax

dschu012

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2010, 09:22:21 PM »

The only thing I miss from my JTAG is downloading demos and content from the live marketplace. If there can be a proxy-like live server that takes Live data decrypt it (maybe then reencrypt it with your key), and send it to the 360, we can have stuff like rock band song packs. Just a thought.
Sounds very round about. Why not just dl from M$ servers and decrypt/decompress.

yifanlu

• Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2010, 10:31:10 PM »

The only thing I miss from my JTAG is downloading demos and content from the live marketplace. If there can be a proxy-like live server that takes Live data decrypt it (maybe then reencrypt it with your key), and send it to the 360, we can have stuff like rock band song packs. Just a thought.
Sounds very round about. Why not just dl from M$ servers and decrypt/decompress.

Decrypting the xcp is the problem.

dschu012

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2010, 07:51:25 AM »

Decrypting the xcp is the problem.
I figured since you were talking about scenarios where you do decrypt it, I would mention a scenario that make a bit more sense.... Either way from what I have heard large xcp's are not encrypted, just compressed (example: halo reach that was recently leaked), assuming that is true you shouldn't have no problem downloading 360 game demos.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 08:06:23 AM by dschu012 »

NetMan66

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2010, 05:04:39 PM »

I can remember using XboxConnect with my Xbox 1.  havent tried it with the 360.  Anybody else try it?
Grip it and Rip it!!

Arakon

• Administrator
  • Xbox Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2010, 05:11:25 PM »

Those kind of apps only work with system link, and only with jtag consoles.

kittonkicker

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2010, 01:57:08 PM »

I really don't see the development of something like this being that difficult.

The only thing that would be a problem is getting the decrypted packets in the first place.

If we had a way to run JTAGs on Live without getting banned and apply memory hooks on the low level packet sending / receiving functions (pre-encryption and post-decryption) OR a way to decrypt the packets using an application on a router / pc acting as a router, combined with reverse engineering the functions that construct the packets... it would allow us to analyze the protocol, reveal how it's structured and build a basic "private" Live server quite easily.

That is assuming it's possible to make Live work without encryption.

l_oliveira

• Xbox Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2010, 02:36:38 PM »

Patch the encryption out completely and work with naked packets. Simple as that.  As for the protocol, just reverse engineer the client code.

A lot of hacked game servers come from that. The missing data is "rebuilt" by the people doing the server emulator. And that's why it's called "server emulator" as it's not a verbatim copy of the original.

Patching out the encryption (removing it) has a nice side effect of ruining the possibility of idiots taking the JTAGs to the real service. Good grief.

It's a Rough World

No_Name

• Master Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2010, 02:58:44 PM »

I really don't see the development of something like this being that difficult.

Well, if you dont think its that difficult what are you waiting for??
Pages: 1 2 »